Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DO NOT STEAL THIS ART IDEA! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

 Why don't they ever have wrestling as a theme?  I want to wear a mask like this on the next float.  Oh well.  Here's Danny's trailer that burned down, taking Suzie's family photos with it.  Just context for the last post's photos of her salvaging what she could.



It's good to have a saw like this lying around when you're fashioning your own new hitch to your old trailer.



Here's the second trailer (the "car" in our parlance) before the bed was laid on it.


 And here's the first trailer (the "engine").


The finished car trailer.


I'm not the only jackass working on this project.


Breaking for lunch, I saw another brother, Don, and a sister, Colleen.


Danny made me buy everyone's lunch.  Typical.


I got really excited when I saw a tree that kicked off these red berries, but Doyt warned that they aren't edible and thus aren't considered Valley produce, unless you would like to produce death.


Planning made huge steps forward when Doyt's grandson, Judd, finally decided we ought to have a plan.  He and I took out some paper and began and in short order had a schematic for the boiler, complete with dimensions.


And a schematic for the engine.  Danny was worried that if I post this on the blog someone is gonna steal our ideas and build a better float than we will.  Judd and I considered this for about two seconds and decided if they can make something out of these drawings they're welcome to them.  On the other hand, I made a point of not publishing our last, state of the art, drawings with the secret bells and whistles.  Ha!


Here's the rough schematic for the car.  Modeled loosely after a coal car, it will have room (4 feet) for a band and a giant area for grapefruit above, where the coal would be.  Again, we have secret stuff we're not including in this drawing, so if you steal it, you'll still make an inferior float.  You've been warned.


There's gonna be room for 8-10 people on the float, all in.  This year, I think we should all wear thematic costumes.  But that's secret too.

No comments:

Post a Comment